Friday, 7 November 2014

Floral Patterns

Last week I discussed doing more floral prints to fill in my silhouettes of the buildings, so I have acted on this and proceeded to do some sketches and paintings of flowers. I originally thought of doing floral prints as I saw a shirt my friend had on which had a very dense black and white print spread all over and it was extremely compelling. I have got pictures of flowers from my visual research so I have looked back at those to see what I could do with those.









During this time I have started to look on pinterest for artists who have used floral print on garments, when I searched this I found a garment Stella McCartney had designed with a flowers on. She has used backgrounds and even bees on which I really engaged with but as  from this I decided to just keep my designs as floral patterns.  

http://uk.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=floral%20prints&term_meta%5B%5D=floral%7Ctyped&term_meta%5B%5D=prints%7Ctyped




After I experimented making floral designs I went back to look at different shapes I could make stencils of and layer these for photographs. I made a diamond shape one with different size diamonds descending to the middle. These pictures are some of my best work but I want to save these for another unit. 














No comments:

Post a Comment