Friday, 24 October 2014

Pattern Making

Last week I was unable to go to my tutorial so I took it upon myself to develop my work from home, as I discussed in my last post I enjoyed working quite freely so that was my starting point this week. 

To start off with I have simply started making marks in the same way I had previously done, I have then searched around the house for random objects that I could make repetitive patterns with but I also took into account shapes that would appear on photographs I had already taken. Below are the paintings I have done, the first one worked quite well and I liked the circles I imprinted on it. 




As I have continued to do these I have started to flick back and forth with doing patterned ones and just mark making, so I have decided through this process that any mark making could make an absract print for a t-shirt so I will continue to do this this week. I plan on doing some more A1 scale paintings to experiment this method on a larger scale as this would benefit me in a way of getting into a more loose approach. With this I also want to try and see if my designs would look good in my silhouettes and on my t-shirts so something that I feel will really benefit my journey to my final pieces is if I was to make a small stencil and put it on top of them and take a photograph.












No comments:

Post a Comment