Friday, 17 October 2014

Building Assembling


In my tutorial last week we discussed that I would look at buildings as a collective image so I decided to look back at the images I took in Chicago and take sections of the large image below. I am taking small bits of this image as I want to be the silhouettes of the building's to be quite simple.




I have worked on these in my sketch book using water colour and acrylic paint. Seeing the results on A1 paper when using different tools and objects to paint with I continued experimenting this on a smaller scale and I was curious to see the results when I didn't use them on the end of a brush. 






After doing more free hand paintings I experimented doing a scaled drawing still using the same tools and colours but introducing some more red than before. What inspired me to do this was was looking at a painting on pinterest that was similar to the style of painting I was doing. Experimenting with colours has made the paintings a lot brighter if I continue to do this I will introduce the colours from the photographs I took of flowers. These stages in my project have made me think about what season my t-shirts would be placed in, at this moment in time I do believe that they would be the most successful in a summer collection being either summer 2015 or summer 2016.

http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/413134965791829195/








No comments:

Post a Comment