This week my tutorial was focused on what visual research we had gathered from the second week, as the week before I focused on the shapes and the different scales of building's around Manchester. I decided I would do this on a big scale again as I wanted to use different objects to paint with and to do it from a distance so I experimented with a tooth brush, a sponge and a comb all sellotaped to the end of a brush. This worked out well for me as I feel not being fully in control of the object I'm painting with makes interesting marks on paper that wouldn't be made if I had used a paintbrush normally.
Having done a few fairly quick paintings which were successful I decided to do a more detailed one with a textured surface. I knew from some experiments I did last year that toilet roll made paintings appear softer as the paint spread and made a rough and hard texture when it dried so I decided to do this on a big scale and see how the same type of painting came out when I used different processes.
The image I worked from is the image on the left, however I did zoom in slightly and made the colours I used warmer than the original picture.
After my work was looked at we have decided that continuing with looking at views of buildings as a collective image is a good way to go forward. This is definitely something I am looking forward to exploring and seeing what results I will benefit from by doing this. But we have also discussed that the original colour scheme for this photograph was better and I need to start thinking about my colours in advance before starting anything new and not just do it in random ones.
After my work was looked at we have decided that continuing with looking at views of buildings as a collective image is a good way to go forward. This is definitely something I am looking forward to exploring and seeing what results I will benefit from by doing this. But we have also discussed that the original colour scheme for this photograph was better and I need to start thinking about my colours in advance before starting anything new and not just do it in random ones.



No comments:
Post a Comment