This week I am going to take pictures around Manchester. My
chosen topic is extremely current and can be seen everywhere, especially with
the homeless people taking residency under the mancunian way near Manchester
Metropolitan University. I tend to take
pictures anywhere I am so some were taken on the bus and some were taken
walking around the centre of Manchester.
The pictures below are my own photographs, looking at these
it is extremely sad that people have to live like this and makes me more
determined to raise awareness. The man with the red instrument seems to be in
his own world and this has to be my favourite image, he seems so old and so
frail yet he is still there playing and raising money, he is either very
passionate about his music or he needs money to live and this is for people to
decide as they walk by him or view this photograph.
Lee Jeffries work is mesmerising, his street art collection is fantastic. These are photographs he has taken and made them into art, you can see the pain in these people’s eyes and the loss of hope, they look so sad. This is just two of the images from this collection there are many more and all have strong, deep messages. As soon as I view any of them it brings me into a sad pitiful mind frame. I want to create something beautiful from a bad situation and hopefully I shall succeed.
During my visual research I have looked into the buildings that are made into homeless shelters. Manchester United players Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville are turning Manchester’s former stock exchange into a boutique hotel but during winter they were allowing 15 homeless people to take shelter there.
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/oct/28/inside-neville-giggs-manchester-hotel-not-average-homeless-hostel


No comments:
Post a Comment