During summer I have been observing people in public places and
the interaction with others or lack of. With 90% of the poorest areas being in
the northwest, the homeless situation in Manchester is a big problem at the
moment. Surely in the 21st century homelessness should be a distant memory and
a thing of the past. This is the inspiration I have for this unit and project,
to bring awareness to people that there are still people out there living on
the streets and subject to violence every single night.
In preparation for my third year I have put together three mood
boards pictured below, Inspirations, Media and Process and Audience. These show
what I want to achieve and where my work would be in the industry.
This year I would like to engage with embroidery as well as print, making embroidered portraits, embroidered images and prints from pictures and paintings I create. I would also like to work with scale zooming in and out on certain areas, seeing what I can create with this and also experimenting with colour.
I believe the work I do will be at the level that can easily be repeated at an industrial scale, using materials that are low cost and quick. However, I also would like to produce something that is high end and luxurious to represent the vast amounts of money some individuals and small amounts others have. Some people spend in a week what others will have their whole lifetime and I want to show these two extremes.



No comments:
Post a Comment