For this lesson, I was in with year seven textiles along
with a few other MMU students. They were carrying on with a previous project,
which was interrupted by the making of the cameras for the eclipse. At the
start of the lesson they were told to carry on with their sock monsters they
had been making and they seemed to know where to find everything and what to
do. I was with a boy who had made his sock monster with a yellow and black sock;
he had already stuffed and sewn the head and body of the monster which was one
piece so I had to help him with the arms, legs and the features on the face.
We cut out the shapes for the legs and arms and stuffed
them with polystyrene stuffing, sewed them together and sewed them on. We
then made a nose, eyes and a mouth for the face making a new colour scheme for
these, he decided on yellow, green, blue and brown , we then designed it and
put a large shape on the outside with a different colour, same shape but
smaller on the inside like the image below.
Whilst we were all helping our designated pupil, we were asked by the teacher to make the class quiet by using the 5-1 system and just announcing something like the felt is on the table with the sewing machines. She asked us to do this because she was asked to do it by the teacher of the class she was observing and it really built her confidence. I had to explain a diagram that was drawn on the board, which showed which lines they had to follow to sew their arms and legs together. She was right, this really built my confidence, which then helped me to collect the needles, I did this by making the class quiet and saying I needed 24 needles back and I only had 10. They all listened and soon found them all, this has really grown my confidence and has helped me use a method I had observed during the week before and liked!

No comments:
Post a Comment