Friday, 23 January 2015

Missing Pieces

As I said in my last post, I planned on doing missing sections in my paintings this week. I decided to base the first pieces on the moving light images and match the same ket features the photographs have.  Firstly I decided this was going to be a very bright painting so I set about using neon yellow and pink acrylic paint I then put masking tape down in patterns trying to match the patterns from the moving light photographs also. 


I wanted the colour to flow in the same way that the lights did so I experimented doing this by watering down the paint and pouring it into half blown up balloons. When the paint was in there I then threw the balloons at the paper expecting it to explode but it didn't because it wasn't blown up enough and instead bounced. So I decided to pierce the balloon at the bottom  and it started to just pour out however it didn't look how I imagined it would so I then started to squeeze the balloon and it made a splattered patten which I was very pleased with.



As well as the brightness of the paint and the pattern I have created I also think the missing sections make it a lot more interesting and I really want to carry on doing this in next weeks work.


As I am so happy with the splattered paintings I have decided I am going to carry on the missing section aspect of it and keep the bright colours but maybe introduce some dark colours as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment