This week I have been working towards building up my visual research by drawing from my photographs from my first two weeks. I wanted to vary my drawings from simple to more detailed, using different media and different sizes. I have decided to use ink and just a pencil to draw with in these pictures and keep the colour palette simple with just black ink and white paper. I have used the ink as if it is watercolour paint and applied it with a lot and a little of water to control the tones of grey with the black.
As I did a few of these I chose to show 4 of the best images. I really like the tonal values in these pictures, I spent a bit more time doing these ones and I feel they have been successful. The reasons I feel they are successful for my project is because I like the darkness of the buildings against the white paper, I also like the use of line on them.
The images below are some more of the drawings I have done this week. These are quite detailed pencil sketches and done to scale. This drawing has a wide variety of soft and hard strokes of the lead to show the tonal values on the photographs. Seeing these aspects of my drawings I have decided I want to switch it over and mask out sections of a painting so they will have white strips running through.
I got the idea for the white strips from the windows in this drawing, they're very long and white so this will be seen and be linked in with what I am wanting to do next.



No comments:
Post a Comment