This week after I have dedicated my time to drawing I am
going to sample some of the drawings I have done. I was also inducted on a few
of the sewing machines in university so I’m going to make full use of them this
week, I want to do portraits and I am going to do some straight from some
images I have not drawn yet. The sample below is the first sample I have done
this week, it is a bit rough round the edges but I think its ok considering
it’s the first free hand sample I have ever done! I like the contrast on the
beard and the scale of it, I would really like to test my skills and do a big
one that’s really detailed.
The other sample is from an image I painted last week and I
really like how the colours of the flowers he is holding pop out and it’s the first
thing you see when you look at it.
This unit has been exciting for me as I have bee inducted in many different machines, I have been able to try new ways of drawing e.g. with a needle and thread like some of the artists I mention on my mood boards, for instance Deborah Reich and Samantha Cotterill. I have also been able to dedicate a whole week to drawing, which is something I am very passionate about. In the next unit I hope to show more skills and learn a lot more as well, as I have previously said this unit I am focusing on new skills and coming out of my comfort zone and this will not be stopping here. I am thinking about a live brief that will compliment my work as I am going to carry on with this subject.


No comments:
Post a Comment