'Not surprising few head teachers are backing any political party. Education is hugely important but all too often is used as a political tool.
I remember toying with the idea of going into teaching but upon my viewpoint nearly 20 years ago was that teaching had become more of a managerial post following a set national rule thus stifling individuality.
Upon speaking with teachers as I do regularly the red tape has got progressively worse in those 20 years.'
http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/apr/24/headteachers-parties-education-policies-school-labour-tories-lib-dems#comments
--------
'I'm coming to the end of my second year as a (part time) teacher. I love my job, and really enjoy interacting with my students and passing on the knowledge that I've gained over my working life. What I don't like is the constant politically-inspired interference that gets in the way of getting the job done. This year, for example, we were told that we had to embed English and Maths into everything we teach, to keep OFSTED happy. For myself the Maths wasn't a problem, as there's plenty of opportunities to use that subject naturally in what I teach, but it's been a massive struggle to shoehorn English in there.
I've been told recently that, next academic year, we'll be expected to 'promote British values' in our lessons . . .'
http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/apr/24/headteachers-parties-education-policies-school-labour-tories-lib-dems#comments
--------
These two quotes are of some people commenting on the governments influence on education. It is clear that some people are not very happy with what has been going on in recent years and that it is and will be an on going battle for many years. Whether what they are doing is right or wrong it is of deep influence of peoples decision to which political party they will support, more schools in England are to be taken out of local council control and given new leadership as academies, under powers to be outlined in the Queen's Speech.
bbcpolitics.com
bbcpolitics.com
No comments:
Post a Comment