The past
week I have been developing my work further as I had an extension, I have used
these two weeks to write my contextual practice essay as well.
This week I went
to my tutorial and it was discussed how I will further my work and how I could
make it my own eliminating the lace detail I originally used.
So to do
this successfully I have looked at what I could use instead of the lace on my
pillows. Firstly we discussed what I like about lace, was it the fact it was
dainty, feminine, the flower detail, a light fabric. I have decided that what I
like about lace is the fact that it is light and a feminine fabric, that it can
be used on most women’s clothing however it has also been used as a print on
men’s t-shirts.
I would like
to bring in more of my own work into my final pieces so it was discussed that I
should use my drawings in place of the lace, but I should make them look like
lace taking away the flowers. We decided
this because some of them are very detailed with line and shapes and we concluded
that it would bring all my work together if it were used on my pillows and the t-shirts.
The images
above are the images of my pillows and the print of the lace that will go onto
them. I have used
the same colour palette, as I really liked it with the flower lace samples and
as the fabric weight will not be changing I can’t see why this would make a difference
to the end product but I will experiment.
My plan at first was to try and include all my drawings in the lace however I was unable to do so as when I edited them on Photoshop they didn’t look professional. The image of this is below.
The image below is my lace design based on my own drawings. I am very pleased with this design mainly because it is from my own work but also because I believe it would work well as a lace and with my colour palette. After having trouble with what to include I decided to use the image that had the most detail as I believe this is what makes lace so interesting.
My plan at first was to try and include all my drawings in the lace however I was unable to do so as when I edited them on Photoshop they didn’t look professional. The image of this is below.
The image below is my lace design based on my own drawings. I am very pleased with this design mainly because it is from my own work but also because I believe it would work well as a lace and with my colour palette. After having trouble with what to include I decided to use the image that had the most detail as I believe this is what makes lace so interesting.
I
think my lace design is very successful and I am pleased I went through this
journey and know what I now know about working with this fabric, I would like to work with lace again
in the future and maybe design my own again.



No comments:
Post a Comment