During these holidays I have had the privilege to be able to go and visit the city of Chicago. Like a lot of others, this city is extremely hectic so whilst I stayed there I tried to make a habit of looking up every time we stopped at a junction or a zebra crossing. Every time I did this I saw multi-storey buildings and sky scrapers and the views were unbelievable.
The buildings in many ways influenced me, the different heights of each one, the history they held, what they were used for and the spectacular view when you looked in at them from a distance. You can see this in the images below.
One of my loves is animals, so I like to take regular visits to zoo's and I did so this summer. I went to Knowsley Safari Park and took a picture of a rhino and when I looked back at it I saw that the pattern of the trousers I had been wearing had reflected onto the shape of it. The patterned animal made me think of an idea for when I get back to university, to develop this idea further and print silhouettes of animals onto patterns and then onto garments such as mens T.shirts.


No comments:
Post a Comment